ACADEMIC UPDATE GRADE 7 MATH & SCIENCE October 12, 2016
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatuh
Here is a brief academic update of what we have learned in class so far.
Alhamdullilah we have completed chapter one and working currently on chapter two of Text Book .
Task completed, Chapter one: Factors and exponents (Number Sense and Numeration)
Students were able to
- Identify multiples, common multiples and least common multiples of Whole numbers
- Identify and determine factors, common factors and greatest common factors of whole numbers
- Use divisibility rules to identify factors of numbers
- Use powers to represent repeated multiplication
- Determine the square roots of perfect squares.
- Apply the rules for order of operation
In Science, we have started our semester with Unit B : STRUCTURES- Form and Function .
This unit corresponds to chapter 4,5, and 6 of the Text Book.
We have completed chapter 4 and currently working on chapter 5.
In chapter 4 students have learned to:
- Explore structure and their functions
- Classify structures as solid, frame, and shell.
- Describe the forces that can affect structures.
· Parents/Guardians can use the above information to review with their child what was covered in class.
· Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Tr. Oumar Grade 7A&B Math and Science Teacher