Language 7A and 7B: Over the past week we have started writing short stories in class. Most of the work will be done in class but I may ask students to complete certain portions at home if we run behind. I look forward to reading all the stories once they are done!
Reminder: If your child would like to enter the Polar Expressions poetry contest they must hand in their admission forms and poems no later than this Friday, November 14, 2014.
Social Studies 7A and 7B: We are almost finished with Chapter 2 in our New France unit! This means that a test is coming up soon. Unfortunately due to the high rate of incomplete HW, I have now started collecting and grading social studies HW. Please ask your children to show you their social studies work in order to track their progress through the unit.
Anti-bullying Week: Next week is anti-bullying week. We have already discussed the bullying circle in class. We will doing a school wide activity in which students will write how they can help someone who is being bullied on a leaf or a flower. Students in both grade 7 classes have already received the templates and should submit them as soon as possible inshAllah. The leaves and flowers will go up on our anti bullying tree.
- We are down to our last few boxes of tissue paper in the class. Please send a tissue box to class with your son/daughter as soon as possible. With the flu season upon us we will be using more and more tissue in class.
- HW: Although most of the language work is done in class, students should be reading for at least 20 minutes a day. After all, good readers make good writers!
- Healthy snack and lunch: students are bringing in a lot of junk food for their snack and lunch. Healthy food is very important for their growth and brain development. Children should be packing plenty of fruits and vegetables, dairy and healthy lunches. Please note that in order to help students pack a healthier lunch, the following items will not be allowed (except on special occasions):
- Chips, chocolate and candy
- Pop and other high sugar juices and drinks
- energy drinks
- Burgers and hotdogs should not be packed on a daily basis
Jazzakom Allah khairan,
Ms. Heba Mohamed